"We saved about $200-300 because we learned how to DIY a save the date video."
- Said by a new couple.
Depict video: Our Wedding
No ceremony can be without guests. Save the date videos help people to block their calendar before some other events coming up.
Compared to the traditional save the date postcard, a save the date video can spread the word about your upcoming wedding in a way that's more budget-friendly, faster, and more creative.
A save the date wedding video must be a great save the date idea for your wedding invitations!
Save the Date Video Templates:
Also Read: Tips & Tricks to DIY a Good Wedding Video >
Part 1. Prepare for Your Save the Date Video
1. Need some great images or video clips of your engagement.
2. Specify event details: venue, date & time, and more.
3. Choose your own favorite music for your save the date video. (If you have no ideas, FlexClip built-in media library provides you with millions of free music you can use in your save the date video.)
4. Find an easy-to-use ave the date video maker, like FlexClip, which we highly recommended.
Part 2. How to Create Your Own Save the Date Video
FlexClip video maker comes with stunning save the date video templates enabling you with endless inspirations. You can view the templates and pick one to customize or start from scratch:
Step 1 Add media
Go to the storyboard to add media with the "+" button. You can upload photos and video clips from your computer or pick some stock media from the FlexClip's media library.
Image Board: Make a save the date video: add media
Step 2 Enter Event Details
Event details are the essential part of your save date video. Click the "T" icon to select a dynamic text animation you like and enter text. ( Here you can change the font, adjust the size, color and position.)
Image Board: Make a save the date video: enter event details
Step 3 Add Background Music
Go to the Music section to add background music to the save the date video. You can upload your own music from a local folder, or pick a piece of music from the FlexClip’s media library for free.
Image Board: Make a save the date video: add music
While you're in the editor, you can use FlexClip's tools to make any other edits you'd like to your save the date video:
- Add transition effects, filters to the video;
- Add watermark, overlays & voice over;
- Split, trim, and rotate the video;
Step 4 Preview and Create a Final Save the Date Video
The last step in the process is to preview and save your video. You can click on the Preview to review your video, if you are satisfied with the save the date video, save it to your computer; if not, you can also continue editing.
Image Board: Make a save the date video: preview and save
Part 3. Save the Date Rules and Etiquette
Here are some things to remember while creating a save the date video:
When to Send Save the Date Video
Your guests need enough time to prepare for your big day, whether you're planning a destination wedding or a local affair.
So when should you save the date videos be sent or shared?
- For a local wedding, you should send out or share your save the date video at least four to six months.
- If you're planning a destination wedding, you need to give your guests at least six months to a year advance notice of your wedding date.
What to Put on a Save the Date Video
You'll need to include all the key information in your save the date video:
- The date of the big day, or the weekend of the celebration.
- Names of the couple getting married. (Generally full names are preferred, but first names are just as proper for casual and informal wedding celebrations.)
- General location of the event and reception
Although not necessary, the following optional information might be helpful to your guests:
Include a formal invitation in your save the date video. Some of your guests may not know what the save the date video is. You should make it clear by adding a formal invitation in your save the date video.
Show the URL of the wedding website if there is one. If you're launching your own site or page, remember to include it in your save the date video. It is also a great way to point your guests to a place with more information.
That's all for the best save the date video maker and detailed steps of how to create your own save the date video. With FlexClip, create a unique save the date video couldn't be easier! Try it free and craft your own save the video invitation right now!