Summary: How to be a vlogger? How to make a vlog that people like? If you are curious about them, this blog is what you need. It shows you some practical vlogging tips and tells you how to make a video blog.
Vlog, a new type of blog, stands for video blog or video weblog. It is gaining popularity among people rapidly. Making a vlog has been a main way people express their personality and record their life by speaking about a topic or just simply recounting their day.
Here in this blog, we'll tell you how to start a vlog and share some practical vlogging tips, including filming, editing, and optimizing.
Part 1: How to Make a Vlog?
Image Board: Prepare for Making a Vlog
Getting the right vlogging equipment
For a vlogger, both the novice and the veteran, some right equipment is essential for you to make a great vlog, such as camera, tripod, microphone, and video editing software.
Camera: You should have a camera that can record in 720p at the very least.
Tripod: A tripod is used to avoid your videos turn out to be shaky.
Microphone: A external microphone is needed for you to keep good quality sound of a vlog.
Image Board: Filming Your Vlog
With all the equipment is ready, you can start to record your vlog, do not forget to try to practice for filming a high quality video blog. Practicing and recording some "test" vlog footages to find the best background and angle, and to find what you need to improve, such as lighting, sound or speaking speed.
Now you have know how you can best record your vlog by practices, it's time to start making your vlog, just do it!
Image Board: Editing Your Vlog
How to edit a vlog may be hard for most of the vlogger, but it no longer is a problem with the right video editing software.
FlexClip is a free and easy-to-use, powerful and flexible video editing software that helps you to make your vlog perfect.
- Professional Editing Tools. FlexClip is equipped with extensive editing tools to make your video perfect, like video cutter: cutting your videos without any quality loss to ensure that you get the desired clips quality.
- Rich Elements. There are various resources built in FlexClip: dynamic text animations, videos, photos, and music. You can achieve a far more attractive video with them.
- HD Quality Videos. Download videos in full 1080p HD without any quality loss for using anywhere.
How to Edit a Vlog with FlexClip
Step 1 Visit FlexClip main page with Chrome and sign up for free. Click on Get Started-Free to create a new project.
Step 2 Click "+" to add videos or photos to the storyboard from a local folder or FlexClip's media library and then trim it.
Image Board: Edit Your Vlog - Step 2
Step 3 Add title or subtitle to your vlog with the "T" icon on the sidebar.
Image Board: Edit Your Vlog - Step 3
Step 4 Click on the "Music" icon to add background music. Or tap on the "Record" icon to record voiceover for your vlog.
Image Board: Edit Your Vlog - Step 4
Step 5Preview and save. Click on the Preview button. Download the video or continue editing.
To upload the vlog you have made, log in your YouTube channel and click the "upload" icon in the top right corner. From here you can follow the YouTue to finish the whole process.
Part 2 Vlogging Tips on Making a Great Vlog
Vlogging Tips on Choosing a Great Niche & Topic
A perfect niche much depends on two factors:
- How passionate you are about the topic?
- How passionate others are about the topic?
So before you start making your vlog, asking yourself what you are interested in firstly, then watching other popular vlogs to find those vlog topics that the audience interested in.
TipWhen you're watching those vlogs, remember to take notes on things you like and dislike about them in order to remind you what to do or not to do in your vlog.
However, for your first vlog, you do not need to over think of this problem. It's good for you to start with the topic as follow: Who are you? Why are you vlogging? What is your passionate about?
Vlogging Tips on Footage Shooting
01. Be yourself. There is no denying that an interesting and unique vlog is full of attraction. But the more important factor is that you should make your vlog natural. How to make the vlog natural? Be yourself! Just do what you want to do and say what you want to say with a smile and enthusiasm to shine your own personality.
02.Focusing on the lighting. Filming your vlog with good lighting is very important, even more than with a good camera. Here are some tips on shoot lighting:
- For indoors shoots, proper use of windows allows you to capture the best light and get good work.
- For outdoors shoots, avoid direct sunlight if possible. If the video shooted under the strong lighting, the screen will be dull, and the color will be not bright.
03. Make your vlog frames lively. Try to use the multiple shooting methods to make your image lively and attractive, such as time-lapse shooting, slow-motion shooting.
04. Engage with your audience. Knowing your audience and engaging with them is vital for you to make a good video blog, which will be helpful to make your vlog content unique and build a following. Getting the viewers to interact with you is a great way to build up fans. It's also a great way to seek ideas and inspiration for your next or future vlogs.
Vlogging Tips on Optimizing
Every vlogger on YouTube would like more viewers and fans, how to achieve it? Here are some tips on optimizing your vlog on YouTube.
01 Pick Up a Great Vlog Title
The title should be short (no more than 50 characters), including some useful keywords. It's okay for you to make some tricks on your title to gain more attention but remember that never make your title misleading.
02 Write an Attractive Vlog Description
Try to write a description of 300 to 500 words, including some keywords but do not stuff your description with keywords or go overboard.
03 Use Tags Wisely
Tag your vlog with relevant keywords, whenever possible. The better you tag your vlogs, the more you can help your vlog rank well.
04 Create a Custom Vlog Thumbnail
A thumbnail has a huge impact on whether people will watch your video or not. You'd better make your thumbnail catches people's attention so they want to watch your vlogs.
The Bottom Line
That's all for how to make a great vlog. Hopefully, those vlogging tips will be valuable for every vlogger to start a vlog. Find this blog helpful? Do not forget to share it with others!