Summary: This blog is a beginners' guide for Tik Tok. It will tell you how to use Tik Tok, how to make a Tik Tok video, and tricks to make you popular on Tik Tok.
Tik Tok, owned by a Chinese company ByteDance, was launched as DouYin in China in September 2016 and then introduced to the overseas market as TikTok one year later. Ever since it was released, Tik Tok has pushed a short video viewing and making trend among the young. The statistic shows that 500 billion of youngsters now obsessed with watching 15 seconds on Tik Tok.
No matter you just want to have fun or gain popularity, Tik Tok, with huge fans, is the right platform to go. Here in this blog, we will show you how to use Tik Tok, how to make a Tik Tok video that gets likes, and offer you some Tik Tok ideas.
Also Read: How to Make Cool Video Edits >
Part 1. How to Tik Tok
Tik Tok is a mobile device-based application and it is available both on Android and iOS devices’app store. Get a pair of headphones and then start to browse videos the system recommended by scrolling up or down.
To upload your own Tik Tok video or make comments on others’ videos, you have to create an account. Tap the icon on the down-left corner to open up the sign-up window, use Facebook, Instagram or Google to create an account. Remember to change your profile and nickname.
If you like the video, tap the heart icon which is on the right-hand side. You can also enter the comment section by tapping the conversation bubble to make comments on the Tik Tok video you are viewing. To share the video to the social media, tap on the Share icon.
Click on the "+" button to follow the video maker. To view other videos from the same poster, simply swipe left.
Image Board: How to TikTok
Part 2. How to Make the Best Tik Tok Videos with Music
There are two ways to make Tik Tok videos. One way is by Tik Tok app, the other way is professional video maker like FlexClip.
Method 1. How to Make a Tik Tok video via Tik Tok App
Step 1. Log in your account. Press the "+" icon at the center of its interface. Allow Tik Tok access to camera and microphone.
Step 2. Tap Music to add the song that you would like to insert to the video. Preview the song if you like. Click the red button of Confirm to use and begin shooting.
Step 3. You now have three options: Take a Photo, Tao Shooting, and Long Press Shooting. Choose the one fits you most.
Step 4. Add filters and special effects. Save the video.
Step 5. Tap Next to add what you want to say about the video. Click Post to publish your video. You can sync Tik Tok videos you made to Facebook, Twitter if you want to.
Method 2. How to Make a Tik Tok Video with FlexClip
We all know that it is hard to record or create a video instantly. To make a Tik Tok video that gets likes, you need a professional video editor like FlexClip that is helpful to create a Tik Tok video with pictures or video clips that are already on your devices.
FlexClip is an online free video maker, allowing you to make professional slideshows and excellent videos with great ease. Here are reasons why FlexClip is recommended to make a Tik Tok video by millions of people.
1. It has an intuitive interface. Due to FlexClip’s simple interface, A layman can make a Tik Tok video in a few minutes.
2. It is rich in elements. You can touch up with your video with more than 20 dynamic text animation and effects. In the near future, it will also have many video templates.
3. It contains no annoying watermark on the output video.
4. It works on mobile devices and computers (both PC/Mac). You don’t have to worry about if it would not be compatible with your devices.
Step 1. Visit FlexClip main page www.flexclip.com with Chrome. You can also download it to your devices on app store. Sign up for free and then click on the Get Started – Free button.
Step 2. Click on the “+” button to add a photo or a video to the storyboard. Please note that Tik Tok does only support videos that are 3-15 seconds at length.
Image Board: How to Make the Best TikTok Videos - Step 2
Step 3. Click on the Music button and then upload music from the computer. Set it as background music. You can also record an mp3 audio file by clicking the Record button and then set it as background music.
Image Board: How to Make the Best TikTok Videos - Step 3
Step 4. Add text or logo to the video as you wish by clicking the Text button.
Image Board: How to Make the Best TikTok Videos - Step 4
Step 5. Preview and save. Click on Preview button to enter live preview window. Continue editing or download and share to Tik Tok.
- 1. It is suggested to choose 9:16 portrait aspect ratio.
- 2. The downloading time may vary due to the Internet connection. Please be patient.
- 3. You can also use FlexClip to make more cool edits on your Tik Tok video clips. Give it a try!
Part 3. Tik Tok Video Ideas
* Lip Sync Video. A song can inspire many people to create. If you are creative, try the lip sync video and let others see your performance.
* Duet Video. Duet videos are always liked by YouTubers. Open the video from which you want to create a duet, tap on the Share icon and select Duet. Now, you can make a video as you wish.
* Pets Video. What are liked by most people? Pets. If you have cute dogs or cats, make sure to capture each cute moment of them.
* Imitating Other Popular Videos. There are reasons why some videos are popular. You may choose the same topic, or similar way to performance.
Bonus Tip: How to Become Popular on Tik Tok
Here are some tricks to become popular on Tik Tok.
1. Post regularly and be consistent. You can post videos to Tik Tok once a week or twice a week. If possible, make a series.
2. Connect with other influencers.
3. Share your videos on social media. This is helpful to boost views. On the contrary, you can also mention your Tik Tok profile link or nickname on other social media to get more followers.
4. Be positive. Audiences hate negative contents.
5. Comment on others’video. By doing so, your videos will also get more comments.
6. Reply to each comment. Be interesting and fun while replying.
7. Follow at least 30 accounts per day and unfollow. This is a useful trick to leave your footprint.
8. Invite others to your video. A friend, a child or even a pet can make your Tik Tok video more fun and interesting.
9. Go live. Going live indicates that you care about your fans. They will cherish it and become more loyal.
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to make a Tik Tok video that gets likes. If you find this post helpful, please do share it with others. By the way, as you can see, FlexClip is indeed a nice video editor. Go to its main page and explore more.