- Annoyed that Facebook or Twitter won't let you control the playback speed of the video?
- Want to speed up YouTube videos more than 2.0X so that you can watch more content in a limited time?
- Or try to slow down the speed of an HTML 5 video to not miss any details?
All you need is a video speed controller extension to help you control the playback speed freely.
Here are the best video speed controller extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari for you to watch videos on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and more at the speed you want.
Also Read: Top 5 Best GIF Speed Changers Online
Recommended: FREE Video Speed Editor Online for Normal Speed Change & Speed Curve
FlexClip is a free online video speed editor that allows you to quickly speed up or slow down a video in your browser without installing any software. You can have six speed options, ranging from 0.2x to 8x.
What's more, you can utilize its flexible speed curve feature to create butter-smooth fast forward effects (0.1X-8X) in any part of a video on the intuitive timeline. Meanwhile, 6 premade speed curve presets are also available and fully customizable.
Image Board: FlexClip Speed Curve Feature
To adjust your video speed, click the "Get Started Now" button below to upload your video to the FlexClip video speed editor, and then click the "Speed" button to set your video speed. Have a try now. No experience is necessary.
More than a free online video speed editor, FlexClip can do more to level up your video:
- Set background music, add transition effects, filter effects.
- Make video/photo collage, do the voice-over, add a logo.
- Add funny emojis/stickers, subscribe buttons, etc.
Also, you can make a stunning video with FlexClip's free pre-made video templates:
Part 1. Best Video Speed Controller Extensions for Chrome
1. Video Speed Controller - Chrome Extension
Undoubtedly, Video Speed Controller is the most popular video speed controller Chrome extension. With it, you can easily change the playback speed of any HTML 5 video. Once you have it installed in your browser, you'll see a speed controller in the top left corner of the video player when you open a page with HTML5 videos. Just click the "+" and "-" buttons on the speed indicator to increase and decrease video speed quickly.
Image Board: Video Speed Controller
- Available on Chrome and Firefox
- Speed up, slow down, rewind, and advance any HTML5 video
- Adjust video speed via keyboard shortcuts
- Supports watching videos in 0.5x, 1.5x, 2x, or 4x speed
2. YouTube Playback Speed Control - Chrome Extension
Youtube Playback Speed Control, this speed control extension was designed specifically for YouTube videos. It works not only for videos on YouTube but also for YouTube videos embedded in other websites. You can speed up and slow down a YouTube video via keyboard shortcuts with it quickly. All you need to do is install it on your Chrome. After that, you'll be able to watch a video at your desired speed.
Image Board: Youtube Playback Speed Control
- Easily control the playback speed of YouTube videos
- Press "+" to increase and "-" to decrease the playback speed
- Works for the HTML5 YouTube videos embedded in other websites
Part 2. Best Video Speed Controller Extensions for Firefox
1. Playback Speed - Firefox Extension
As its name suggests, Playback Speed is a playback speed controller you can use to speed up or slow down a video on Firefox. This tool can help you finish it quickly and easily, and it offers you many shortcuts to change the video speed of HTML5 on sites like YouTube and others. Just add it to your browser, and you can play videos at whatever speed you like.
Image Board: Playback Speed
- Play HTML5 videos at various speeds
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for video controls
2. Video Speed Control - Firefox Extension
Video Speed Control is a helpful Firefox add-on lets you easily control the playback speed of any HTML5 video. Once you have it installed in your browser, you can choose between speeds from 0.07x to 16x. It's worth noting that the video speed extension doesn't automatically change a video's speed, and you need to open the controller to adjust the playback speed manually.
Image Board: Video Speed Control
- Change HTML5 video playback speed via toolbar popup.
- Playback speed varies from 0.07x to 16x.
Part 3. Best Video Speed Controller Extensions for Safari
1. Accelerate - Speed Controller for Safari
If you want to control video playback speed in Safari, Accelerate is just for you. It is a fully customizable and powerful extension for controlling video playback and speed in Safari. Accelerate enables you to easily speed up and slow down HTML5 videos via personalized shortcuts, right-click mouse controls, or a toolbar item.
Image Board: Accelerate
- Change the playback speed of any HTML5 video in Safari.
- Adjust video speed quickly.
- Supports a lot of websites, such as YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Vimeo, and more.
- Supports picture-in-picture and AirPlay.
2. Dynamo - Speed Controller for Safari
Another great video speed controller for Safari is Dynamo. With simple keyboard shortcuts, you can quickly change the video speed with Dynamo. It works on a lot of video streaming websites. Install it from the Apple Store, activate it, and start using it.
Image Board: Dynamo
- Video stream controller for Safari
- Lets you customize the hotkeys
- Works on all your favorite websites
That's all for the 6 best video speed controllers for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Don't forget to give one of them a try when you want to speed up or slow down an online video.
FAQs About Video Speed Control
Upload your video to the FlexClip Video Speed Editor and click the "Speed" button to select the speed you want. You can increase your video speed from default 1x to 3x. It’s free, easy, and quick.
Yes, you can. There are many ways to slow down a YouTube video. You can slow down a YouTube video from the default 1x to 0.75x, 0.5x, or 0.25x by clicking the "Playback Speed" button in the Settings option. Or you can add a video speed controller extension mentioned above to your browser to control YouTube video speed via keyboard shortcuts or toolbar.
To change the playback speed of videos in your photo album, you'll need a third-party video player. Of all the mobile media players, nPlayer is the best. It is available on iOS and Android. It supports popular video formats and allows you to play videos at various speeds from 0.5x to 4x.