Summary: This tutorial will show you how to add animations in PowerPoint. Besides, it also introduces an online alternative to PowerPoint for you to quickly and easily add animations to your slideshow.
The animation is a useful feature in PowerPoint. You can use the PowerPoint animation to spice up your presentation slides and make your presentation more engaging for the audience. Almost any object in your presentation slide - text, photos, graphs, shapes, audio, and video can be animated in PowerPoint.
Here's how you can add animation effects in PowerPoint or without PPT.
Let's get started by introducing the different types of PowerPoint animations.
There are two types of PowerPoint animations you can use to make your slides come alive. These are:
- Animations: a type of animations bring the objects or elements on your slide to life. You can go to the Animations pane to view all possible animation effects you can use.
- Transitions: a type of animations added in between your slides. You can view the different transition options in the Transitions pane.
Well, let's learn how to add the two different types of animations to your slides in the next part.
Read on to learn how to add animations to your PowerPoint presentation. Once you've finished inputting all your content into a PowerPoint file, begin adding your animations now:
Animating Text or Objects on Slide
1. Click on the object you want to animate on any slide.
2. Go to the "Animations" tab in the top menu bar.
Depict video: Add Animation to PowerPoint
3. Select an animation effect that you want from the gallery. You can see more options with the More arrow.
4. Edit and manage animation effects with the Animation Pane from the Advanced Animation group.
Image board: Edit and Manage Your PowerPoint Animations
# 1: Select the animation you want to change its order, then click either the up or down arrow to move the animation earlier or later in the sequence.
# 2: Set an activation option for the animation by clicking the Down Arrow of the right of each effect and select one of the options from the dropdown: "Start On Click", "Start With Previous", and "Start After Previous".
- "Start On Click" will hold the animation until you click the mouse.
- "Start With Previous" will play the animation at the same time as the previous animation on that slide.
- "Start After Previous" will automatically start the animation after any previous animation or when the slide appears if there are no other animations.
# 3: Select the timing to set the delay and duration of an animation.
Image board: Timing
You can also set #2 & #3 with the "Timing" section on the right of the Advanced Animation group in the top menu.
5. Preview your animations by clicking on the Preview button on the left side of the top menu bar.
Image board: Preview Your PowerPoint Animations
Animating Slide Transition
1. Select the slide you want to add a transition to.
2. Go to the "Transitions" tab in the top menu bar.
3. Choose a transition effect from the list, and you'll see a preview of the effect.
Depict video: Add Transition Animations in PowerPoint
4. If you want to adjust the direction of the transition effect, just go to the Effect Options and choose the desired option for your transition animation. These options will vary depending on the selected transition.
Image board: Adjust Your Transition
5. You can also add sound and set the duration for your transition animation in the Timing group on the top menu.
6. You can preview your transition using either of these two methods:
- Preview button on the Transitions tab
- The Play Animations command in the Slide Navigation pane
Image board: Preview or Remove Your Transition
7. How to remove a transition animation in PowerPoint? Just click None in the Transitions tab.
Feels overwhelming with PowerPoint animations? Are there any easier alternative ways to add animations to the slideshow or presentation?
Yeah! Have a try on an online slideshow maker, FlexClip. It has earned numerous fans with its easiness and powerful functions. Even a novice can create a compelling slideshow with cool animated effects using FlexClip Slideshow Maker.
Let’s see how FlexClip can help you make your slideshow or presentation more dynamic with animations.
Image Animations for Your Slideshow
Tired of boring still images? Looking for a way to make the image in your slides come alive? Just animate those pictures with FlexClip Slideshow maker within a few clicks now.
Depict video: Image Animations for Your Slideshow
Text Animations for Your Slideshow
Animated text can make a presentation more dynamic and help to highlight points to make information more memorable.
Bored with the monotonous text effects in PowerPoint? Use our free stunning text animations for your next presentation.
Depict video: Text Animations for Your Slideshow
Transition Animations for Your Slideshow
FlexClip also provides stunning transition animations for you to fit in the gaps between each slide and can result in smoother, more interesting presentations.
Depict video: Transition Animations for Your Slideshow
More Animated Elements for Your Slideshow
Besides, You can enhance the appearance and interest of your slides and keep your presentation more engaging with much more animated elements, like overlays and funny widgets.
Depict video: More Animated Elements for Your Slideshow
PowerPoint animations can help you to add interaction to your slides, but it may be not handy and powerful as the online slideshow maker, FlexClip. Try FlexClip slideshow maker to add animation to your slides and make your presentation stand out the rest.