Summary: This blog provides 5 best free MP4 editors, including FlexClip, Avidemux, iMovie, Lightworks, and VSDC Free Video Editor. Check the list and find the best free MP4 editing software for you.
MP4 is a file format created by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) as a multimedia container format designed to store video, audio, and subtitles. It is largely replacing earlier multimedia file formats.
The majority of recording devices including cameras and smartphones produce MP4 files. It's also the most widely recognizable format that can be opened by iOS and Android phones, most TVs, gaming devices, and DVD players.
Naturally, many people want to make their video a masterpiece, and they are looking for a video editor to edit the MP4 file. If you’re one of them, this blog is for you.
Best Free MP4 Video Editor
Here we listed 5 best free MP4 editors, hopefully, you will find the following editors to be extremely useful and get your favorite.
# FlexClip - Highly Recommended MP4 Editor
Image board: MP4 Editor - FlexClip
FlexClip is an easy-to-use yet powerful video editor that can help everyone to edit the mp4 file in a few clicks. With FlexClip, you can import MP4 videos for editing freely and make cool edits with great ease for free. (By the way, it also supports inputting video files in a variety of other formats, like MOV, WEBM, and M4V.)
As an easy-to-use MP4 editor, FlexClip allows you to trim, split, merge, and crop your MP4 videos, and you can also add text and background music to your video.
- *Handy Video Editing. The easy-to-understand editing process of FlexClip allows everyone to create videos in minutes, no video design experience is required!
- *Professional Editing Tools. FlexClip is equipped with extensive editing tools to make your video perfect, like video merger, music trimmer. Those professional editing tools can meet all of your needs.
- *Rich Elements. There are various resources built in FlexClip: dynamic text animations, videos, photos, and music. You can achieve a far more attractive video with them.
- *HD Quality Videos. Download videos in full 1080p HD without any quality loss for using anywhere.
Image board: MP4 Editor - Avidemux
Avidemux is a free and open-source video editing program designed for video editing and video processing, and it is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. As a great video editor, Avidemux supports a lot of video formats, such as MP4, AVI, MPEG, MKV and ASF and comes with a feature that does filtering, cutting and encoding.
- *Lightweight and fairly simple;
- *Great selection of filters;
- *With command line interface for advanced users.
- *Outdated interface;
- *May drop frames in certain formats;
- *Maybe complicated for beginning users.
Image Board: Image Credit: apple.com
iMovie, one of the most well-known software in this list, is a default Mac software and it also works on iPhone and iPad. With its simple to use UI, you can easily enhance the appearance of your videos. It's easy to put your favorite videos together, compiling them, adding titles and music.
- *With a user-friendly interface.
- *Its audio editing as well as fun movie trailers are improved.
- *Does not support direct import.
- *It is time-consuming for import trans-coding and pre-processing.
Image Board: MP4 Editor - Lightworks
Lightworks is a professional non-linear editing system (NLE) with a steep learning curve. It has powerful editing tools and a user-friendly interface. You can easily merger, trim, rotate your MP4 videos and add watermarks on them. Besides that, there are profession-level color correction, video capture function, GPU-accelerated real-time effects in Lightworks.
- *With customizable screens.
- *Provides high-quality videos.
- *Supports a good number of video editing options.
- *It needs a long learning curve.
- *It crashes regularly.
# VSDC Free Video Editor
Image Board: MP4 Editor - VSDC
VSDC, a video editor using non-linear processing system, supports a wide range of video formats, like MP4, WMV, MPG, AVI, FLV and more. It offers plenty of features that allow users to create videos: drawing and selection tools, audio effects, transitions as well as video filters.
- *With different output options.
- *Provides many useful filters.
- *It requires computer resources at a high level, such as RAM and CPU.
- *Its interface is not very visceral.
The Bottom Line
Above are the 5 best free MP4 video editor, which program are you interested in? I’d like to highly recommend FlexClip. It is an excellent video editor supporting various popular video formats. Give it a try to make your videos a masterpiece.