Summary: A detailed tutorial shows you how to record gameplay and make a gaming video on PS4. Keep on reading and learning how to make a let's play gaming video on PS4 now!
Video gaming is a popular type of entertainment today, and millions of people play video games across the globe with various devices. PlayStation 4 is one of them, and it is viral among gamers.
Are you play a game on PlayStation S4? Have you ever want to share your gameplay with the world, get feedback on your skills, or trade video game stories with others?
Just record your gameplay on the PS4 and edit it to make a cool gameplay video and upload the PS4 let’s play to online services, like YouTube and Facebook.
Depict video: A Let's Play Video on YouTube
Then how to make a let's play video like the one above? It may be a little overwhelming for a beginner. Don't worry! Our guide on how to record and make a let's play video on PS4 can help you out.
Part 1 How to Record & Make Gameplay Videos on PS4
The PlayStation 4 can allow you to make recording and always save up to the last 15 minutes of gameplay for you. Besides, it also includes some handy tools for trimming and uploading gameplay clips online. So you can record the gameplay and make a let's play video for YouTube on PS4 directly.
- Although PS4 can assist users with basic editing functions, it can not provide more advanced edits to achieve a stunning gameplay video. So you will need a great video editor to level up your gaming videos.
- FlexClip, the easy-to-use yet powerful video editor are ready to help.You can use this online PS4 gameplay video editor to make your let's play video a masterpiece for free with great ese.
Here's a detailed tutorial of how to record, save, edit, and share a video to YouTube on your PS4.
Step 1 Adjust Your Video Settings
First, you need to adjust your video settings on your PS4. Open up the Share menu with the Share button on your PlayStation 4 controller. From here, you can change a bunch of settings, but now, we'll focus on the exact length of the video you’ll record.
Image Board: Adjust Video Setting 1
Go to the Set Video Length menu, and determine how long the PlayStation 4 will record when you press the share button. The PlayStation 4 can automatically record for as long as an hour or as short as 30 seconds, but the default video length is 15 minutes.
Image Board: Adjust Video Setting 2
Step 2 Fire up Your Game and Get a Recording
Now it's time to fire up your game and start a recording. Here are 2 options for you to start a record.
- You can start a new recording by using the Share button, which will record for the period you specified in the settings, or until you hit the Share button again.
- You can capture a video of something that just happened with its automatically recording feature. Your PS4 is always recording video, and it just doesn't save that video unless you tell it to.
Start a New Recording
When you're ready to begin recording, double-press the Share button on the controller. The PS4 will immediately start recording with a small flag briefly appear on the left side of the screen to let you know. It will continue to record for the length of time you’ve set starting, or you can stop the recording manually by double-pressing the Share button again.
Image Board: Start a New Recording
Save the Last 15 Minutes of Video
When something significant happens in your game and you want to record it, but you didn't previously hit the Share button to start recording a video. How can you capture something that just happened in the game?
Your PS4 is always capturing the last 15 minutes of your gameplay session, and you can save the last 15 minutes of video easily by pressing the Share button. In the Share menu, select "Save Video Clip".
Image Board: Save video clips
Note:Starting a new recording with the Share button will delete the cached video. So if you want to save the last 15 minutes of your gameplay, do not double-press the Share button! That’ll start a new video recording from the moment you push the button onward.
Step 3 Edit Your Gameplay Video
Once you’ve captured your video, you can trim it down to the best part, and post it to social media. PS4 automatically asks users about video trimming before posting.
Now let's see how to trim your gameplay video with PS4 built-in editing function.
1. Go to the PS4's Home screen, select the Capture Gallery. Then find and highlight the video you want to share.
2. Push the Options button on your controller to pull up a menu that includes the "Trim" option.
Image Board: Trim Gameplay Video 1
3. Now, you can change the start and stop part go the gameplay video, by default, you can only trim in 10-second intervals. But you can increase that to 60 seconds, or bring it down to one second to be more precise.
Image Board: Trim Gameplay Video 2
4. Use the D-pad on the controller to scroll to where you want your gameplay video to start and end, then select that point with "Start Here" or "End Here" from the menu.
Image Board: Trim Gameplay Video 3
5. When you finish your trim, just select the "OK" button, and your video will be saved to the Capture Gallery with the rest of your videos.
Step 4 Share your video
After you have trimmed your gameplay in the right length, you can upload your video to online service directly on your PS4.
Just back in the Capture Gallery, press the Share button on the controller, YouTube will now appear as an option on the video upload screen. Select it and follow the instructions to post your PS4 gameplay video to your YouTube channel.
Image Board: Share Gameplay Video on PS4 to YouTube
If you don't want to share your video to YouTube just yet or want to give it some more advanced edits to achieve a far more appealing gameplay video, you can also transfer the gameplay video from your PS4 to an external hard drive or flash drive, then upload it to a computer.
Image Board: Copy to USB Storage Device
Want to know how to edit the PS4 let's play video and turn it to an excellent gaming video for YouTube? Read on…
Best Way to Edit PS4 Gameplay Videos
PlayStation 4 built-in editing function does not allow users to cut multiple clips at the same time or to add titles or background music etc. You may need an advanced solution to edit the PS4 video into a masterpiece.
Then here comes FlexClip, a super easy-to-use online video editor:
It is such a powerful video editor coming with various editing features and options, just turn to FlexClip to edit your gameplay video using a couple of features provided by FlexClip right now.
Step 1Visit FlexClip Video Editor and click the Make a Free Video button to start.
Image Board: Get Started
Step 2Then, you'll come to the video templates page, and you can click + Start From Scratch to upload the gameplay video you're recorded before.
Image Board: FlexClip Templates Page
Step 3Once you uploaded your video, you can edit it with ease: you can add text, set background music, do the voice-over, and more.
Image Board: Edit Your Gameplay Video
That's all for how to record PS4 gameplay and make a ps4 let's play video for YouTube. Remember to use FlexClip, the online PS4 gameplay video editor, to take your gaming video next level.