Summary: Video is the best carrier of dance. And with the rising trends of short-form videos on TikTok, dance videos gain increasing attention of the viewers. But how to make a TikTok dance video? This post instructs you on how to make a dance video step by step.
When you Google “dance video,” you will see a lot of dance videos for adults, kids and toddlers. If you are better at dancing or interested in dancing, why not make a dance video and post it on TikTok? This blog aims to tell you how to make a dance video with detailed instructions. Keep reading and explore more.
1. Shoot Your Dance Video
1. Music: Choosing a proper music is not easy. On the one hand, you’d better choose a piece of music according to your dance types: ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop, etc. On the other hand, you’d better pick a song you like so that you can dance emotionally.
2. Background: As the viewers are more likely to focus on dancers and choreography, it is advisable to record your dance video in a studio. However, there is nothing more than a simple but neat background that makes people feel comfortable.
3. Equipment: You can choose either a smartphone or a digital camera to record your dance video. The smartphone is your 1st choice if you have a budget. However, we recommend you use an HD camera to record clearly on your dance video, which makes your video more attractive and professional.
- Recommended equipment: Canon VIXIA HF R800 HD Camcorder, GoPro Hero5, UBeesize 51" Extendable Tripod Stand.
4. Record: Set up your equipment, find a perfect angle, and start to record a dance. What is noteworthy is that you should focus on dancers during your shooting and do not make any noise. It would be better if you can find someone to help you record the video.
2. Edit Your Dance Video
In terms of video editing, we strongly recommend you to use FlexClip, one of the best free online video editing tools that are free and super easy to use. With a simple, intuitive interface and powerful tools, it allows you to create a stunning TikTok dance video in minutes. More importantly, it covers a variety of dance video templates that are professionally-designed and fully-customizable. Just choose a dance video template and start your edit quickly. Edit like a pro now.
Step 1Upload videos clips from your computer or our stock libraries and cut them to the proper length.
Image Board: How to Make a TikTok Dance Video - Cut Your Video
Step 2Add text and music if necessary.
Image Board: How to Make a TikTok Dance Video - Add Text and Music
- For further information about how to add subtitles to your video, please refer to How to Add Subtitles And Translations to A Video .
Step 3Add some effects to make your videos cooler: filters, transitions, speed adjustment, etc.
How to Make a TikTok Dance Video - Add Some Effects
Step 4Preview & download: preview your project and download your dance video in resolutions up to 1080p.
3. Share Your Dance Video on TikTok
Log into your TikTok account, upload your dance video to TikTok, and post it.
- To attract more viewers and get more likes, you’d better work on your video content and post new videos regularly.
1. The "Savage" Dance
The "Savage" dance becomes the latest trend of TikTok. Have you ever participated in the viral "Savage Challenge"? On March 10, TikToker Keara Wilson who first post her original dance video to Megan Thee Stallion’ song "Savage" on TikTok. A few days later, Thee Stallion, known for her online personality, posted her own version of the "Savage Challenge." Meanwhile, more and more people take the challenge, which makes the dance go viral.
Depict Video: The Savage Dance Challenge
2. The "Renegade" Dance
The "Renegade" dance, one of the popular dances on the TikTok, is created by a 14-year old girl named Jalaiah Harmon in Atlanta. It is a quick, multiple-step dance that incorporates popular moves. And it quickly blew up with students in middle school and high school. There are more than 29.7 million users have done the fast-paced choreography.
Depict Video: The Renegade Dance Challenge
3. The "Say So" Dance
Haley Sharpe from Alabama created choreography to accompany the song - "Say So" by Doja Cat - and posted the original dance video on TikTok in December 2019. The dance, known for its "punch and roll" move, went viral quickly. More than 16.8 million people have tried out the dance. Meanwhile, more and more TikTok stars and celebrities followed. Currently, the "Say So" becomes the most popular song by Doja Cat.
Depict Video: The Say So Dance Challenge
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to make a TikTok dance video. By the way, FlexClip does more than that. Whether you are looking for tutorial videos or music videos , you can always find an solution at FlexClip. No skills needed. Try it for free now!
FlexClip Video Maker
The easiest way to help you create custom videos, no design skills needed.Start Now for Free
Hot & Trending
Ultimate Tik Tok Guide – How to Tik Tok & How to Make a Tik Tok Video that Gets Likes
How to Download Part of a YouTube Video Online
The Best Birthday Video Maker for You to Create Birthday Videos Online for Free
Best 5 YouTube to WAV Converters
2020 Large Collection of Creative and Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Your Loved Ones
Remove/Reduce Background Noise with 3 Best Free Audio Optimizers
How to Add Multiple Photos to One Instagram Story
How to Do a Duet on TikTok on Android/iOS Phone