Summary: Video is the best carrier of dance. And with the rising trends of videos on social media like TikTok, dance videos gain increasing attention of the viewers. But how to make a dance video? This post instructs you on how to make a dance video step by step.
When you Google "dance video," you will see a lot of dance videos ranging from dance videos for kids and toddlers to best dance videos on TikTok and YouTube. If you are better at dancing or interested in dancing, why don’t you make a very own dance video? This blog aims to teach you to make a dance video with detailed instructions. It’s kindly to new users. Keep reading and explore more:
Step 1. Shoot Your Dance Video.
1. Music for your dance: choosing proper music is not easy. On the one hand, you’d better choose a piece of music according to your dance types: ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop, etc. On the other hand, you’d better pick a song you like so that you can dance emotionally.
2. Find a suitable background: as the viewers are more likely to focus on dancers and choreography, it is advisable to record your dance video in a studio. However, there is nothing more than a simple but neat background that makes people feel comfortable.
3.Prepare the equipment: either choose a smartphone or a digital camera to record your dance video. The smartphone is your 1st choice if you have a budget. However, we recommend you use an HD camera to record clearly on your dance video, which makes your video more attractive and professional.
- Recommended equipment: Canon VIXIA HF R800 HD Camcorder, GoPro Hero5, UBeesize 51" Extendable Tripod Stand.
4. Record dance video: you have to set up your equipment at first, find a perfect angle, and start to record a dance. What is noteworthy is that you should focus on dancers during your shooting and do not make any noise. It would be better if you can find someone to help you record the video.
Step 2. Edit Your Dance Video with FlexiClip's Dance Video Maker.
Want to make your dance videos more complete and professional? Then do not forget to take FlexClip into your consideration. We highly suggest you gather all the clips that you record and place them using FlexClip’s editing tools. Steps are as follows:
1. Go to FlexClip dance video maker and choose a template to start.
2. Add videos or photos from computer or stock libraries to the storyboard and cut your videos to the proper length.
Image Board: How to Make a Dance Video - Cut Your Video
3. Add text and music if necessary.
Image Board: How to Make a Dance Video - Add Text and Music
- For further information about how to add subtitles to your video, please refer to How to Add Subtitles And Translations to A Video .
4. Add some effects to make your videos cooler.
How to Make a Dance Video - Add Some Effects
5. Preview & save.
Step 3. Share Your Dance Video on Social Media.
Log into your social media account and upload your dance video. Surely, you can attract more audiences if you make dance videos in different styles and update new videos regularly.
1. The "Savage" Dance
The "Savage" dance becomes the latest trend of TikTok. Have you ever participated in the viral "Savage Challenge"? On March 10, TikToker Keara Wilson who first post her original dance video to Megan Thee Stallion’ song "Savage" on TikTok. A few days later, Thee Stallion, known for her online personality, posted her own version of the "Savage Challenge." Meanwhile, more and more people take the challenge, which makes the dance go viral.
Depict Video: The Savage Dance
2. The "Renegade" Dance
The "Renegade" dance, one of the popular dances on the TikTok, is created by a 14-year old girl named Jalaiah Harmon in Atlanta. It is a quick, multiple-step dance that incorporates popular moves. And it quickly blew up with students in middle school and high school. There are more than 29.7 million users have done the fast-paced choreography.
Depict Video: The Renegade Dance
3. The "Say So" Dance
Haley Sharpe from Alabama created choreography to accompany the song - "Say So" by Doja Cat - and posted the original dance video on TikTok in December 2019. The dance, known for its "punch and roll" move, went viral quickly. More than 16.8 million people have tried out the dance. Meanwhile, more and more TikTok stars and celebrities followed. Currently, the "Say So" becomes the most popular song by Doja Cat.
Depict Video: The Say So Dance
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to make a dance video. Don’t forget to use the powerful dance maker, FlexClip. It does more than that. Whether you are looking for tutorial videos or music videos , you can always get a clue at FlexClip. No skills needed!
FlexClip Video Maker
The easiest way to help you create custom videos, no design skills needed.Start Now
Hot & Trending
Ultimate Tik Tok Guide – How to Tik Tok & How to Make a Tik Tok Video that Gets Likes
The Best Birthday Video Maker for You to Create Birthday Videos Online for Free
Remove/Reduce Background Noise with 3 Best Free Audio Optimizers
How to Add Multiple Photos to One Instagram Story
2020 Large Collection of Creative and Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Your Loved Ones
How to Do a Duet on TikTok on Android/iOS Phone
The Best Free Online Video Editors - No Download Is Needed
How to Download Part of a YouTube Video Online