Briefs:The article introduces 5 excellent free video editors, ranging from the simplest to the most professional. Check the list and find the best video editor for you.
- Part 1.0: Basics - Google Essential Video Editing Tricks
- Part 2.1: #1.FlexClip for Windows and Chrome
- Part 2.2: #2.VSDC Free Video Editor
- Part 2.3: #3.Adobe Spark Video Maker Online
- Part 2.4: #4.DaVinci Resolve 15 for Video Editing
- Part 2.5: #5.Vegas Pro 16 Video Editor
- Part 3.0: Ending - Wrapped Up
Low explanation videos are not helpful to explain something. Or, at least, they're not attractive.
Whether you are seeking a job or promoting a product, the ability to make an explanation video will be an obvious advantage. The best 5 free video editing software will be imprative and helpful.
Part 1: Essential Video Editing Tricks [Lesson Learned from Google Explanation Video]
Advanced Video Editing Tricks That Are Used Include:
- Play some frames faster/slower,
- Curve some frames,
- Zoom in/out a video clip,
- Switch between different footages seamlessly,
- Add background music & voiceover - record an explanatory voice.
Image: Google Video Editing Tricks.
Google, Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Oppo,..., and even individual Vloggers have the ability to make excellent explanation videos: They have advanced video editing tricks.
For average Joes, how can we make our videos to the next level? Is there any free video editing software that are more professional yet ease of use?
YES! Let's check the list of 5 best free video editing software NOW!
Part 2: 5 Best Free Video Editing Software [2020 Updated]
No.1. FlexClip for Chrome or Windows (Watermark-Free)
Image: Flexclip - Easy And Free Video Editing Software for Windows and Chrome online.
FlexClip.com is a free video editing software online. It's also available on Microsoft app store.
As the easiest free video editor & movie maker, FlexClip has the full capacities of:
- Merging endless 1-min explanation video frames into one,
- Changing play speed of each video you uploads,
- Rich templates with outstanding videos, images and music,
- Zooming-in and zooming-out support,
- Adding creative video/image transitions,
- Inserting an intro/outro video clip,
- Adding logo or watermark to your producing video,
- Easy video editing, and download video to 480P, 720P and HD MP4 video(1080P) in minutes.
FlexClip is an everybody video editing software for free. In its MUSIC section, it allows you to upload a piece of music / voiceover in the format of AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, and WAV, or search an online piece of music. It offers fine-tune options of trimming audio, changing volume and looping playback for customization.
No.2. VSDC Free Video Editor (Watermark-Free)
Image: VSDC Free Video Editor
VSDC Free Video Editor is an HD video editing software using non-linear processing system.
You may like what it with:
- Excellent video stabilization and picture-in-picture feature,
- Drag and drop to add intro/outro clip,
- Various file formats for support,
- Wonderful effects and filters,
- Handy video trimming support.
- Advanced setup – Overlap video, hide the latter one.
Though VSDC Free Video Editor has a modern interface, it compiles almost all options on the navigation windows.
Its learning curve is steep. It's a little bit hard to figure out how to use it in the first time.
No.3. Adobe Spark Video Maker Online (Watermark)
Image: Adobe Spark Video Maker with Watermark.
Adobe Spark Video Maker is an easy video editor online, requiring no professional skill.
To access its features, you need to create an account with an email.
To begin video editing with Adobe Spark Video Maker, follow:
- Step 1 Search [Explainer Video] in "What would you like to create?" blanket,
- Step 2 Write something "in the beginning",
- Step 3 Pick a template,
- Step 4 Customize your explanation video.
See What Adobe Spark Video Maker Get:
- Easy to customize videos, add video/picture clips,
- Edit videos online, drag and drop navigation,
- While it waits some time to load and make a change,
- The output video will carry a watermark of "SP Adobe Spark".
We would like to recommend Adobe Spark Video Editor as an easy video editing option with a higher rank. While thinking the watermark thing and slow processing speed, we've decided to give it the 3rd rank fairly.
No.4 DaVinci Resolve 15 - Cross-platform (Watermark-Free)
Image: DaVinci Resolve 15 - Free Video Editor for PC.
DaVinci Resolve is not a traditional video editing software, but a feature-rich post-production video editor for Windows, Mac & Linux.
DaVinci Resolve excels at:
- All standard kinds of regular video editing,
- Making color grading and color correction,
- Customizing your keyframe,
- Applying 2D/3D effects with pre-made transitions in [Effect library],
- Changing the speed of video clip,
- Adding multiple picture-in-picture visual effects – Design how your keyframe shows in different time,
- Rendering a part of/entire video.
It takes some time to learn the basic editing, since it uses different names and labels for similar functions and organizes them in different positions.
However, after you've been familiar with it, you will find it powerful.
No.5. Vegas Pro 16 Free Trial (Watermark-Free & Watermark)
Image: Vegas Pro 16 Free Trial.
Unlike Adobe Spark Video Maker and other tools above, Vegas Pro is a real Pro video editor tool for ultra HD videos, especially for shot editing. We think it's the best video editing software for film producers but with easy approaches.
It's used and recommended by a large portion of Vloggers and YouTubers.
It has everything you need for video editing:
- All video editing elements are easy to navigate on the tracks,
- Add a picture/video clip as intro or outro,
- Control the volume levels of audios with little sliders on the soundtrack,
- Chop down footage,
- Create fancy transitions,
- Change color saturation, brightness, etc.
- Render a video in all video frame sizes,
- Precious timeline controls.
Exclusively, regarding editing filming shots, you may find it useful to get rid of video motion blurs: Select all video footages > [Switches] > [Disable].
To work out a 15-min professional video, Vegas Pro takes 2hrs-3hrs. FYI: It costs 1hr+ in the video rendering. For professionals, Vegas Pro is the handiest video editing software.
For the majority of PC users, Vegas Pro is the most intelligent & approachable video editing software with all features compiled.
Sidenote: What's the video bitrate in the custom setting? - It is terminology for video quality: Decreasing the number of video bitrate will cause a teeny bit of video quality losing, while you will get a smaller size video.
Part 3: Wrapped Up
Above is the review of 5 best video editing software, and we'll categorize them into 3 groups and attach some useful parameters for your reference:
#Group 1: The easiest approaching software:
- FlexClip video editor & Adobe Spark Video Maker - automatically merge clips, easy to switch clip orders.
- Processing Time: 1min - 10 mins.
- App Installation Time: less than 1 min.
#Group 2: Not-that-easy but powerful free software with no watermark:
- DaVinci Resolve 15 & VSDC Free Video Editor - Freemium with tons of advanced editing supports.
- Processing Time: 0.5hr - 1.5hrs.
- App Installation Time: 10 mins - 25 mins.
#Group 3: Not-that-easy but most professional Video Editor & Film Maker(Free Trial):
- Vegas Pro 16 - Not easy & Not hard to learn, edit professional shots.
- Processing Time: 2hrs-3hrs.
- App Installation Time: 4mins-9mins.