Noticeable audio delay & audio offsetting are No.1 uncomfortable user experience, when audiences watch a video. Let's fix audio delay issue now!
Tip: For creating a high-quality video, the professional way is recording audio & footage separately.
Why Does Audio Delay? [2 Common Reasons]
Reason a)Source is delayed: Video is originally created with an unsynced soundtrack - a slower audio or a sluggish video.
Reason b)Transmission is unsynced: It's top reason for unsynced streaming video. Cases include not-synchronized cache, slow network, or display device (i.e., TV, PC display) failing to render video & audio signals simultaneously.
How to Sync Audio and Video with 3 Free Audio Sync Software?
1)FlexClip Audio Sync App Online:
If you've recorded a separate audio and want to make a short intriguing video, then FlexClip online video editor can be your perfect assistant to sync audio and video free online.(Zero design experience required!)
How to Synchronize Audio and Video with FlexClip?
- Step 1 Jump to FlexClip.com. Click [Make a Free Video], and you'll find 2 buttons [Create By Templates] and [Start From Scratch].
- Step 2 Press [+ Start From Scratch], select '16:9' or other options, and it'll create you a blank video project to sync audio with video.
- Step 3 Find the icon of [Add Local Media], or hover to [+Storyboard] > [Add Local Media].
- Step 4 Upload/add your audio file: Find [Music] icon, and hit [+ Add Music] > [Browse My Files].
- Step 5 Sync video and audio: Adjust audio starting point, and drag audio track to let audio synchronize with video images.
- Step 6 Preview and output your synchronized video.
Note: "scissor" icon will trim soundtrack, "double arrow" will change audio beginning point, and "hand" icon mouse will move the soundtrack.
Note: The click of [Trim Music] will not really trim your original (selected/uploaded/downloaded) audio file, but only copy out a part of audio content for your video production.
What if you have a delayed video? You can still fix audio delay with the solution above. The sync-audio-and-video solution above works for you as well, but you'll need an online video to MP3 converter - https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3 - to download MP3 audio from video in advance.
2)Blender Sync Audio Software:
If your problematic video is not a short video, you'll need to consider some complex audio sync software to adjust audio more efficiently. Blender is an effective & advanced way to sync audio and video for free: https://www.blender.org/.
How to Sync Delayed Audio in Blender Studio?
- Step 1 Open Blender, Switch to "Video editing" interface.
- Step 2 Drag and drop your delayed video into the video sequence editor.
- Step 3 Right-click the dark green track, keystroke "G", then you can move & correct the audio track. "Alt" + "A" to preview the fix of audio delay.
- Step 4 Switch to "Properties" interface, and output synced video to MP4.
- Step 5 Output synchronized video in Blender.
How to output videos in Blender? [Full Steps]
- Switch "Display" pull-down list from "Image Editor" to "Keep UI".
- Find "Frame Rate", click "Custom (29.87fps)" in black and choose "24fps".
- Find "Output", change the default path from "/tmp\" to "/tmp\syncedvideo.mp4".
- Find "PNG" pull-down list, change it to "FFmpeg video".
- Keystroke "Ctrl + F12" to render (download) the MP4 synced video file.
Further Reading: Essential Tricks to Master Blender Video Editing Software
3)FLV Audio Sync Player(Only Fix Current Video-Playing Delay):
If you only want to watch a delayed video but play it in sync (there is no need to edit unsynced source), then FLV happens to one of your best solutions: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
How to Make Use of free FLV media player to Sync Audio and Video for Free?
- Step 1 Open FLV video player.
- Step 2 Drag and drop audio delaying video into the interface.
- Step 3 Hit [Tools] > [Track Synchronization].
- Step 4 Input a number in the blanket of Audio track synchronization. It will either hasten the audio or delay the audio.
Note: Once more, VLC player will only sync video play in VLC player, but it cannot sync the video content for saving. Nor can it output a synced video file.
Wrapping It Up
Among the 3 free audio sync software, online FlexClip audio sync app is the simplest to resolve audio delays of a short video and render a synced MP4 video easily. FLV video player is the most straightforward way to play a delayed video nicely. At last, Blender is the most complex method to line up your audio and video tracks to solve all video delay problems once and for all.
Find the article helpful? Kindly share it to help more people in need.