Summary: How to add a picture to a video? It is not a difficult question to answer. Read on and follow the steps below, you can easily insert pictures to a video. No download, no experience is needed.
Adding a photo to a video doesn’t mean setting a photo as a single clip, but inserting a photo into a video to make the video more interesting, hide personal information, or protect copyright. The photo you add to the video can be an ordinary one or your logo.
It is not hard to add images to a video since there are so many excellent tools we can use. In the following part, we will show you how to add pictures to video with iMovie, one of the most authorized video editors. In case you find it too hard to use iMovie, we will also offer you an easy way to help you overlay photos to a video online for free. (Works on both Mac and PC)
Also Read: 8 Best Video Background Music Resources >
Method 1. How to Add Pictures to a Video with iMovie
- 1. Before adding photos to a video, you need to activate this feature in iMovie. Here are the detailed steps: Launch iMovie, select Preferences. Tick the box of Show Advanced Tools.
- 2. iMovie is a default app on Mac devices. If you are on windows, turn to Method 2.
Step 1 Go to File > Import Movies. Select the video and photo you want to make edits on, click “Save”.
Step 2 Drag the imported video from the “Event” to the Project Library, then drag the photo over the imported video in the Project Library.
Step 3 A menu would pop out, select the “Picture in Picture” option. The image overlay would be applied to the video.
Step 4 Drag the ends of the clip to adjust the duration of the image overlay.
Step 5 In the viewing area, move the image overlay to your desired area.
Step 6 Drag the corners of the image overlay to resize its dimensions.
Step 7 Preview the video and then follow the instructions to save the video with image overlay.
Method 2. Easiest Way to Add a Picture to a Video Online for Free
To add an image to a video easily, you will need FlexClip.
FlexClip is an excellent video editor that offers you an easy way to overlay pictures to videos. Only in a few clicks, you can add a photo to video. After inserting, you can adjust the photo overlay position at will. You also have the option to resize the photo.
Why not go to FlexClip main page https://www.flexclip.com and get started right now?
Step 1 Click the "+" button, go to Add Video > Browse My Files to add videos to the storyboard.
Image Board: How to Add Picture to Videos - Step 1
Step 2 On the toolbar, click on the “T” button, go to Logo option. Choose a single logo.
Image Board: How to Add Picture to Videos - Step 2
Step 3 Double click the logo icon on the storyboard, choose the picture you want to add to the storyboard.
Step 4 Now, you have a video with an image overlay. Preview the video, and then download it to your computer.
Image Board: How to Add Picture to Videos - Step 4
- 1. Once a photo is added, it would appear in an entire storyboard. We suggest that you check where you want the picture to be shown, and put the clip on a single storyboard.
- 2. FlexClip exports video very quickly. Make sure you have a good Internet connection and wait patiently.
- 3. You can make other cool video edits with FlexClip, like adding background music to the video, making duets, adding dynamic text animation to the video. Go to FlexClip main page to explore more.
The Bottom Line
Hopefully, you now have already added photos to the video. As you can see, FlexClip is indeed an easy and efficient video editor. It does not only help you add images to the video, but also lend you a favor to make cool video edits. Remember to give FlexClip a try!