Summary: This blog shows you three ways to add audio to videos on PC or Mac. Check the method below and follow us to add sound to videos.
Here are things you have to know before making videos:
To make a video with high quality, it is better to add voice over to the video after shooting, because the sound quality on any camera is usually underwhelming. Even though you are just making a video without narration, adding music can make the video more interesting.
Learning how to add sound to videos is an essential step to become a video making expert. Here in this blog, we will show you three ways to add voice-over or music to a video. Let’s get started.
Can't Miss: 8 Best Video Background Music Resources >
Method 1. How to Add Audio to Videos on Windows
This method only works on Windows 10. Moreover, you can’t choose the starting point and where the music ends. Try method 3 to get more options.
- Step 1. Right click a video file > Open with > Photos.
- Step 2. On the toolbar, click Edit & Create > Create a video with text.
- Step 3. You are now in Photo’s Editor Screen. Click on Music and select an audio file from Music folder.
- Step 4. Drag the selected clip to the Storyboard at the bottom of the screen.
Method 2. Add Audio to Videos on Mac
iMovie can be said one of the most professional video editors. It is a default app installed on Mac and iOS devices. Windows users also have access to it once paid. Even though it can be sort of tricky to use iMovie to add audio to videos, for practiced hands, it is worth trying.
- Step 1. Create a new project. Go to File > Import.
- Step 2. Drag the video to the timeline.
- Step 3. Click Audio below the menu bar > iTunes.
- Step 4. Select one audio file from iTunes library, drag it to the timeline.
- Step 5. Use the handles to trim the music and put it at where you want the music to start.
Method 3. Add Audio to Videos Online
If you want to put an audio file or voice over to videos in a more flexible and much easier way, FlexClip is what you need.
FlexClip is a professional video editor. In just a few clicks, you can easily add an audio file from the computer. Besides that, FlexClip has a record button allowing you to add voice over to videos. Moreover, it has a media library with rich music elements. They are all free to use!
Now, let’s see how to use FlexClip to add music/voice-over to videos.
Step 1. Go to FlexClip main page with Chrome. Click on Get Started - Free button.
Step 2. Click the “+” icon to upload videos to the storyboard.
Image Board: How to Add Audio to Videos - Step 2
Step 3. Upload audio files.
Click Music on the toolbar to add background music from media library or audio file from a local folder to the video.
Image Board: How to Add Audio to Videos - Add Existing Music to Videos
Click on Record button below the window to do voice-over. The voice over you made will be automatically added to the video.
Image Board: How to Add Audio to Videos - Record Audio and Add to Videos
Step 4. Trim and adjust the video. Save the video to your computer if you like it.
1. You can download the video you made in 1080p HD. No video quality loss will occur.
2. We are working hard to update FlexClip so that it is available for mobile users. Please look forward.
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to add audio to videos. The above three ways are all easy and simple. Hopefully, you have made a video with sound. If you find this blog helpful, please share it with others.