Summary: This blog will take you through the five best video downloads for Firefox. For your convenience, we've also listed some useful video editing tools for you. Read on to get more details.
As you know, videos on the web can be played but not directly downloaded. What do you do if you want to save a video from a web page to your local computer?
Fortunately, there are plenty of video downloaders to help you do that.
Mozilla Firefox is popular with users because it's faster and leaner than Google Chrome. In the following parts, we’ll walk you through the five best video downloaders for Firefox. Let’s dive right in.
5 Best Video Downloaders for Firefox
Note Under no circumstances do we recommend that you download protected content. Please confirm the permissions before downloading the video.
There is no denying that Video DownloadHelper is the best video downloader for Firefox and Chrome. Free and easy to use, the tool allows you to extract videos and image files from hundreds of YouTube-like websites and save them to your hard drive quickly and easily. Besides video downloading, the extension comes with the advanced feature of file conversion.
Depict video: “How to Use Video DownloadHelper
What We Like:
- Download and convert web videos.
- Hundreds of sites supported: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dailymotion, Vimeo, TikTok, etc.
- Supports several types of streamings: HTTP, HLS, DASH, etc.
- Download image galleries.
Video Downloader professional is also a popular Firefox video downloader. With the add-on, you can download videos from many popular sites in quick, easy steps. The tool supports up to 4K videos, which means you can choose between several video qualities. Also, you can add your favorite videos to your video list for later playback or download.
Image Board: Video Download professional
What We Like:
- Download videos from many popular websites.
- Add your favorite YouTube, Vimeo, and other videos to your video list for playback or download later.
- Supports up to 4K videos.
- Playback videos in any window size. (Selected sites only.)
Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express claims to be the best YouTube video downloader for Firefox. The tool enables you to download YouTube videos with great ease. What makes the extension stands out from other competitors is that you can use it to download 1080p full HD videos and 256Kbps MP3 files, even though YouTube no longer provides direct download links for 1080p and MP3. Once you have installed the extension, when you open a YouTube video, next to the Subscribe button below the video, a green Download As button will appear. Click the inverted triangle next to the download button, select the video quality you want, and download the YouTube video quickly.
Image Board: Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express
What We Like:
- Up to 1080p Full-HD downloads.
- One-click 256Kbps MP3 downloads.
- Works with the new YouTube layout.
Video Downloader is another widely used video downloader for Firefox. It’s designed to be free, fast, and easy to use. You can use the tool to download multiple videos at the same time. All you need to do is install the extension in Firefox, and if there is a video downloadable, the extension icon in the top right corner of the browser turns green.
Image Board: Video Downloader
What We Like:
- Free, fast, and easy to use.
- Download multiple videos simultaneously.
- Supports any online video formats: FLV, MP4, MOV, WebM, and more.
- Choose between different video resolutions.
Video Downloader Pro is a Firefox Video downloader worth a try. It supports downloading videos and music in various formats, such as FLV, MP4, AVI, ASF, MPEG, M3, etc. After installing the add-on, it automatically detects downloadable videos and music when you open a web page. If there is downloadable content, the number of downloadable content appears on the extension icon. Simply click the extension icon, and you can download the video or music you want.
Image Board: Video Downloader Pro
What We Like:
- Fast, easy, and free.
- Download videos and music from any websites.
- Supports any formats.
- No ads, spy, or malware.
Bonus: Some Useful Video Editing Tools for You
1. Trim a Video
1. Upload your downloaded video to the video trimmer.
2. Drag the yellow handles in the trimming bar to choose the parts you want to keep and click the “Trim Video” button. (The area outside the yellow handle will be trimmed.)
Image Board: Trim a Video
3. Preview and export your video quickly.
1. Upload your downloaded video to the video splitter.
2. Move the white vertical line to the place where you want to split the clip and click the “Split Video” button, and your video will be split into two parts. (Repeat this step if you want more video clips.)
Image Board: Split a Video
3. When you've finished splitting the video, you can either reorder the video clips or add some transition effects before exporting.
1. Upload your downloaded videos to the video converter.
2. Change video resolution, format, and quality according to your needs.
Image Board: Convert a Video
3. Click the “Start” button, wait for a moment, and download the result. (Click the "Make More Edits' button on the download page if you want to add more effects to your video.)
The Bottom Line
Above are the five best video downloaders for Firefox. Have you found the one you need? Please let us know if you have any better recommendations. By the way, FlexClip is a free online powerful video editor that works well on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. It includes all the video editing tools you may need, which helps you create stunning videos with the least effort. No experience is necessary. Don't forget to give it a try.
FlexClip Video Maker
The easiest way to help you create custom videos, no design skills needed.Start Now for Free
Hot & Trending
Ultimate Tik Tok Guide – How to Tik Tok & How to Make a Tik Tok Video that Gets Likes
How to Download Part of a YouTube Video Online
The Best Birthday Video Maker for You to Create Birthday Videos Online for Free
Best 5 YouTube to WAV Converters
Large Collection of Creative and Funny Birthday Video Ideas for Ones You Care
Remove/Reduce Background Noise with 3 Best Free Audio Optimizers
How to Add Multiple Photos to One Instagram Story
How to Do a Duet on TikTok on Android/iOS Phone